1. Razor Burn & Bumps
Let’s face it. We’ve all had those annoying itchy bumps pop up after shaving delicate areas. And, in the Summer months we show more skin and shave more often. There are several reasons why those itchy, red and irritating bumps appear:
Your razor might be dull.
Unhealthy bacteria on your skin cause possible irritation or even infection in the tiny microscopic cuts that occur after shaving.
Your skin is extra dry and sensitive.
Solutions for Razor Bumps & Burn
- Make sure you use a new, sharp razor.
- It’s best to shave in the shower with warm water that will soften the skin.
- Make sure to wash the area first and then use a cream or glycerin based soap to prime the area for shaving which helps allow the razor to glide across the skin with less friction.
- After showering and shaving, towel dry and immediately apply Neem Cure Oil to the area.
- Repeat the application of Neem Cure Oil after showering and every morning to avoid the itching bumps.
Why use Neem Cure Oil for Razor Burn & Bumps?
Because Neem has wonderful soothing properties:
- Antibacterial- Destroys the growth of bacteria.
- Antiseptic- Keeps secondary skin infections at bay.
- Anti-inflammatory- Reduces redness and inflammation.
- Antihistamine- Soothes itchy, irritated skin.
- Hydrates your dry, cracked and tight skin because Neem is an excellent emollient. Emollients are substances that fill the gaps and cracks in the skin and that restore a protective barrier.
Getting sunburned is always a danger and happens quite quickly in the Summer sun. While you bask in the sun, the UV rays penetrate into the deep layers of your skin and cause damage to skin cells, which results in a sunburn.
Sunburn is actually a defensive response to UV exposure. In essence, your skin goes into protection mode and quickly attempts to repair the damaged skin cells. But what we experience is painful, tight, red, peeling and sometimes even blistering skin.
Why use Neem Lotions and Neem Cure Oil for Sunburn?
Because of Neem’s beneficial emollient properties. Neem’s fatty acids and high Vitamin E content are powerful healing agents. Together they rejuvenate the skin’s cells and restore elasticity between cells.
Apply Neem Cure Oil to effected areas 3 or 4 times a day to reduce pain, itch and peeling.
3. Bee Stings & Bug Bites
Summertime is the best time of year for being outside. But we may come into contact with insects that can bite or sting us like bees, wasps, spiders and mosquitoes.
Stings and bites can cause pain, swelling, redness and itch. If you have a more severe reaction, medical attention may be necessary.
Why use Neem Cure Oil for Stings & Bites?
Because Neem has gone through scientific studies that have proven its powerful healing properties, which are:
- Antibacterial – destroys the growth of bacteria
- Analgesic – provides pain relief
- Anti-inflammatory – reduces certain signs of inflammation, swelling or tenderness
- Is a Natural Antihistamine – soothes allergic reactions such as itching
These properties will ease symptoms that come with bee stings and other insect bites is and speed up the healing process.
Apply Neem Cure Oil immediately after you have been bit or stung. Repeat application up to 3 or 4 times a day.
4. Ocean Itch / Sea Lice Bites
Did you know that “Ocean Itch” also known as sea lice, is not actually lice at all. While at the beach this Summer you may develop this common skin irritation that comes from jellyfish larva.
Basically undetectable in the water, these tiny larva get trapped in our bathing suits while in the ocean. They will release inflammatory, stinging cells that cause a skin reaction and an extremely itchy rash.
Why use Neem Cure Oil for Ocean Itch?
Because Neem soothes itchy skin and speeds up the healing process of inflamed and irritated skin.
Thank goodness this irritable rash can be soothed with Neem Cure Oil and Tub Tea. Nimbidin and Nimbin are two anti-inflammatory compounds that are found in Neem that help relieve swelling and redness. A third is Quercetin, which is well known as a compound that supports the body’s ability to respond to inflammation by inhibiting both the manufacture and release of histamine and other irritants.
Besides applying Neem Cure Oil to the effected area 3 to 4 times a day, you may benefit from a soothing bath using our Neem Tub Tea. Add a large tea bag of Neem leaves to your bath water as it fills the tub. As the healing properties of Neem are extract into the bath water, soak in it for 10-20 minutes or as long as comfortable. Repeat as needed.