It is one of those true luxurious pleasures to go into a nail salon and get pampered with new polish and soft digits. But let’s face it, life is busy and we don’t always have time to put ourselves on the weekly agenda. Take time in the comfort of home and save a little dough. It’s easy once you have the right products.
Collect your tools. You’ll need:
Prepare your Hands and Feet.
- First make sure you have removed any previous polish from your nails.
- Then grab your clippers and use them to get your nails to the desired length and shape.
- Next, file the rough edges of your nails so they are smooth to the touch.
- Lastly, use a buffing block to smooth and shine the surface of your nails. This provides an even surface for your polish to glide on.
Soak & Scrub
- This is the best and most invigorating part of the process!
- First make sure you have a tub or bowl filled with warm to hot water. Soak your hands for about 3 minutes and your feet for five.
- Now for the best part! Time to exfoliate using the Green Tea Body Polish. Exfoliating will slough off dead skin cells to brighten and smooth hands & feet, clearing the way for the nourishing oils to be absorbed more deeply and allowing soft new skin cells to grow. The Green Tea Body Polish smells fantastic and will feel amazing when you massage into your hands and feet.
- Rinse and pat dry.
Caring for your cuticles
- Now that your cuticles are soft, take your cuticle cutter and gently trim any dry spots that are sticking up.
- Time to treat those cuticles with the healing oils from the Cuticle Care Pen.
- Be sure to treat each nail and massage into your skin with your index finger.
- Take a soft cloth and remove any excess oil from the nail before applying polish.
Time for the color!
- But first, top coat! You only need one thin coat to prime your nails.
- You’ll want to apply 2 coats of your favorite polish. Apply each coat in a thin layer and allow it dry in between each coat.
- Here are a few of our favorite non-toxic, all natural polish brands: Pacifica, Zoya, ella + mila and 100% Pure.
- Lastly, add your clear top coat to protect from chipping.
Moisturize and Treat
- Make sure you have allowed time for your polish to dry completely. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use the Green Tea Neem Lotion as a final step to keep your hands and feet soft and healthy.
- Also grab the Cuticle Care Pen and add another layer of healing oils.
- Apply both treatments several times a day to keep all your digits smooth and super soft.