Who we are
JustNeem’s goals are simple.
- We offer superb products that are good for both, people and planet.
- Our unique formulations maximize the effectiveness of every ingredient, providing dual or triple benefit.
- Grown on our sustainable Neem Tree orchard in Mauritania, our West African Neem has shown to have one of the highest concentrations of active natural compounds (Azadirachta indica).
- We support natural resources in the Sahara Desert in pursuit of global environmental stability.
- We support communities in West Africa by planting trees, offering well-paying jobs, supporting families and teaching new skills in one of the poorest areas of the world.
How it all began
JustNeem, LLC was founded in 2007.
JustNeem began in the home of Peter and Magda Radtke. In the early stages of the business, the soap was made on our kitchen stove and the labels printed on our home computer. It was a fun time!
Early sales at the local Farmers Market slowly grew into home parties and before we knew it our dining room was too small and with the support of many friends we moved to our first official manufacturing space, lovingly called “the soap kitchen.”
JustNeem was born out of a conversation between friends. One summer day, Peter Radtke was introduced to the late Bill Stoffregen, the founder of Homewood Garden Center, one of Raleigh’s most beloved nurseries. It turned out the men had a lot in common. Bill was an amazing man with a heart for sharing the power of business, and was working on a project in Mauritania, West Africa. Bill had previously traveled to this Saharan region and was ambitiously researching the potential to use Neem for economic development. Peter was intrigued and joined him on his next trip to the region. Together they formed relationships that laid the groundwork for what would soon become a national body care company.