It’s all about expressing yourself, right? Showing your individuality through tattoo art also needs some precautions and care. It may go without saying but we’ll be happy to remind you. Do your research and make sure you go to a reputable, certified tattoo artist.
Things to look for:
- Shave the area (if necessary) with a new single-use disposable razor before you head to the tattoo shop.
- Make sure shop looks clean and uncluttered.
- Your tattoo artist should wash hands and use a fresh pair of gloves for each new client.
- He should clean your skin thoroughly before any work is done.
- Be sure he uses sterilized equipment that went through an autoclave.
- Make sure the shop uses a single-use sterile needle and single-use inks only.
- When done, be sure to cover the tattooed skin with a bandage and get care instructions.
- Infections are possible and may cause permanent scarring, severe illness or even death.
- Skin infections include the very dangerous staph infection or tuberculosis.
- Blood-borne diseases, such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and tetanus are possible if an un-sanitized tattoo needle is used.
- If you experience severe pain, redness, swelling or puss in tattooed area, see a doctor immediately.
Support the healing process with Neem Infused Products:
Neem comes from a tree and has natural and powerful antibacterial properties that kill germs on skin’s surface. It also possesses anti-inflammatory elements that reduce redness and inflammation. And, it has the natural ability to reduce pain and itching while helping to heal you skin.
Neem products have been used for centuries in Ayurveda medicine for many skin inflammations and issues. They can also help heal your new modern art, naturally. Use it everyday and show off your skin and the beautiful new tattoo!
Taking care of your new inked skin:
- Tattoos are wounds that take time to heal.
- Itching, dry skin and scabbing are normal.
- You can remove your bandage after 12 to 24 hours.
- Gently wash the tattoo with antimicrobial Fragrance Free Neem Soap then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply antibacterial ointment 2-3 times a day.
- Do not recover your tattoo. Expose it to air.
- Three days after inking, apply Fragrance Free Lotion to keep the area moist.
- Continue using Fragrance Free Neem Soap and applying Fragrance Free lotion for 2 to 4 weeks.