The Neem Clay Mask is for all skin types. It works on oily, dry, and combination skin. It deeply detoxes and cleanses, shrinks pores, hydrates, and refreshes the skin! See some of our customer reviews for first hand experiences! And add your comment, too! We’d like to hear from you!
1. Cleanse your skin – First remove eye makeup with a makeup remover. For an all natural DIY eye makeup remover, try a bit of olive or coconut oil on a cotton ball. Works great!
Next wash your face, neck and ears with a good facial cleanser to remove any grime or dirt. I recommend our Neem Soaps. Our best natural facial bars are Green Tea, Coconut, Lavender, or Rosemary Eucalyptus (all contain Neem – wonderful for gently removing bacteria on skin).
2. Exfoliate – As we age, cell turnover slows down and dead skin cells can give us a dull complexion. Exfoliating your face weekly helps get rid of the dead top layers of skin. This allows moisturizers and serums to better penetrate the skin and helps your foundation glide on smoothly.
Using your finger tips, gently rub, in circular motions, a pea-size drop of our Neem Body Polish on your face. Concentrate on the areas that tend to be greasy (nose, chin) and leave out tender areas around eyes.
3. Steam – There are several ways to steam your face. I like to fill my sink with hot water, dip a washcloth in and press it to my face. When it gets cool, I repeat 1 or 2 more times. Another great way to steam your face is by boiling water on the stove, then turning off the burner and putting your head over the water with a towel over your head, letting the steam seep into pores for 3 to 5 minutes. But be careful! Steam can be extremely hot and burn your skin!
4. Apply Facial Mask – You could become a kitchen beautician and make your own mask using items like egg whites, oatmeal, honey, or yogurt, but I would rather eat them than wear them! Also, using food items on the face may increase acne causing bacteria to settle into your pores.
We have a wonderful Neem Clay Mask that is gentle and perfect for all skin types. The all natural mask is a blend of deeply cleansing French clay, healing Neem leaves, and hydrating oils, that draw out impurities and promotes clear and healthy skin. Leave the mask on for 10 to 20 minutes and then rinse.
5. Toner – Don’t skip this step. A facial toner will help to balance the pH level of your skin. Having a balanced pH level means your skin is less prone to oiliness and infection, creating a more vibrant and smoother appearance. For a natural, home-made toner use rose water or cool green tea on a cotton pad. Wipe the pad in an upward motion on the skin. Our use our favorite AcNeem Toner.
6. Moisturize – Use your favorite facial moisturizer and smooth it over your face and neck until absorbed. In the daytime, use one with SPF. At night I use a moisturizer with Retinol (topical vitamin A).You can also use our Neem Lotions, which are designed for face and body (for dry skin) or our AcNeem Control Moisturizer (for oily and mixed skin).